Sales Director (SaaS, Enterprise clients in R&D)
Electric Ant Lab (EAL) is seeking a strong sales leader, with a strong track record in business development and closing large enterprise deals in corporate R&D settings. This is the chance to shape EAL’s sales strategy and expand upon years of cutting-edge scientific work that’s laid the foundation for our R&D digitization tool RheoCube (see a recent webinar here).
What will your job at EAL look like
On Day 1, you hit the ground running and start to expand active engagements with leading, innovative companies around the world. You’ll have an opportunity to play a pivotal role in closing our annual (2021) sales targets and guide the company in (financially) structuring multi-year enterprise deals.
EAL’s sales cycles are long, and therefore it’s key to develop and nurture relationships with prospects and clients on a variety of senior leadership roles. During sales meetings/calls you will be accompanied by one of the Scientific Consultants at EAL. It’s your responsibility to achieve those high conversion rates in meetings. Coming to a close, you’ll be involved in drafting proposals, negotiating the deal, and getting EAL over the necessary administrative hurdles. Following the initial sales cycles, you’ll manage your team in maintaining and growing these accounts.
As a Sales Director you will work closely with the Science Team, the Development Team, Marketing Team and EAL management. You will also have the amazing opportunity to build your sales team from scratch. You will join a fast-growing company and work together with a highly-collaborative team of scientists and developers.
About Electric Ant Lab
EAL is a simulation software company located at Amsterdam Science Park. Our clients are chemistry-focused Research & Development scientists at large corporations. Our primary product is RheoCube: a cloud-based virtual lab and simulation platform. It is designed to offer a researcher-friendly alternative to the physical lab approach of trial-and-error, often used for prototyping new products and for applied material research.
What's in it for you?
EAL is a young company where everybody has the freedom to fill in their job in a fashion that fits their expertise and way of working. We used to say in job descriptions that "we don't have time for hand-holding". This has now become part of our DNA. All colleagues (see EAL linkedin) at EAL are independent professionals who take pride in their responsibilities as experts, and collaborate well with colleagues. We offer an open, trusting culture with a fast-paced and dynamic working environment. Of course you will receive a competitive salary and all the practical amenities you'd expect from a workplace in 2020.
- in close collaboration with the CCO (link): attract, recruit, develop, and retain world-class SDR talent;
- define and execute key growth sales strategies for different application areas, multiple verticals, and across geographies;
- drive execution of EAL’s new-business goals, both through cold outreach, and in collaboration with our marketing channels;
- define tailored tactical plans and internal business cases to convert prospects to customers;
- own the sales cycle, from lead generation and prospecting to closure, and hit/exceed sales goals;
- build and maintain strong relationships with our (future) clients in the chemical industry in Europe and the USA.
About the application process:
- The position is based at Amsterdam Science Park.
- The process consists of four interview rounds, with the first interviews (video-calls) to be held around mid-October.
- Earliest possible start date is November 1, 2020.
- @Recruitment agencies and/or recruiters in general: we absolutely do not appreciate any phone calls or cold outreaches with potential candidates. We invite those candidates who apply through our website/Linkedin channel only.
- 10+ years experience in sales management and business development in the IT industry;
- proven track record in consultative selling in either R&D environments, enterprise SaaS, or High-Performance Computing hardware/software;
- experience in selling complex software products to large enterprises;
- a good understanding of enterprise IT concepts and processes;
- experience in financial structuring and/or pricing strategy of multi-year contracts with Fortune 1000 companies;
- autonomously build and maintain relationships with contacts of all seniority levels up to C-level within large organizations;
- analytically strong and knows how to read and work a room and/or in online meetings;
- demonstrated history of successfully meeting and exceeding new-business goals;
- background in managing and growing sales teams in a high growth environment;
- experience in start-ups/scale-ups: aware of what it takes to scale something up;
- strategic enough to build a team, and tactical enough to execute on a day-to-day basis;
- pragmatic, self-motivational and resilient attitude.
A bonus would be:
- bringing existing relationships in the R&D departments and/or at C-level from one or a few of the following industries: food (ingredients and/or producers), personal care, home care, cosmetics, adhesives, polymers, specialty chemicals, coatings, paints, pharmaceuticals and/or medical technology;
- experience working as an experimental scientist in an industrial R&D setting